Sunday 30 March 2008

Fairchild Gardens in Miami

I was able to visit the magnificent Fairchild Botanical Gardens in Miami today and enjoy some truly gorgeous gardenscapes. Below is a clump of bromeliads that make a great statement next to all the different shades of green. The flower of a bromeliad.
The bark of the Eucalyptus Rainbow tree. This tree looks as if it is made of plasticene. Does anyone remember plasticene? That odd smell of childhood in the early 1970s.

I dare anyone to challenge him. He was big.



Just chilling on a log. Life does not get better than this.




8 comments:

Aiyana said...

Gorgeous photos--including the lizard thing. I absolutiely love that Eucalyptus Rainbow tree. Aiyana

Chrissy said...

Great photos!

The Giraffe Head Tree said...

Oh, how lovely! A bonefide tree-hugger, I'm in LOVE with the Eucalyptus Rainbow tree. What beautiful, exquisite colors. The bronze bromeliads are very striking. Lovely post - thank you. Debi @ GHT

Saur♥Kraut said...

Next time I'm in Miami, I will have to visit these gardens! I didn't know they existed! I'm usually in Miami for business, so I don't often get a chance to scout around, but this time I WILL.

Heiko said...

That big lizzard reminds of a chappy we met in Yogyarkarta, Indonesia. He was over 4 foot long and curled up under a chair in a cafe we sought refuge in. My daughter, who was 15 at the time nearly freaked, while the reptile merely opened one eye and went back to sleep.

Anonymous said...

I never saw a tree trunk like that in my life. What kind of tree is it? And your picture of Life Doesn't Get Any Better is lovely also. Elaine Cooke

My Chutney Garden said...

Isn't the Rainbow Eucalypstus tree magical?
Aiyana- Would you believe that I am terrified of lizards? Weird isn't it? But I love iguanas. Go figure.
Chriss- Thanks :)
Debi- I had never seen one before. That bark is something else.
Saurkraut- These gardens are really worth visiting.
Heiko- I agree with your daughter- I would have freaked too!!
Elaine- It's a Rainbow Eucalyptus. Isn't is gorgeous?
Sharonx

GirlBlue said...

Wonderful pictures and what a beautiful iguana! I hope no backyard hunters come near your home, you know how trinis are

I have the same aversion to lizards but love iguanas too heh